EBU - Emulsion Breaking Unit
Separates up to 80% of the water in the emulsion
JOWA Emulsion Breaking Unit is designed to break apart water in oily water emulsions. The unit separates up to 80% of the water in the emulsion. The treated water is then fed to an MEPC 107(49) approved filter type/bilge water separator. The residue is pumped to the concentrated sludge tank.
The system is operating automatically, in a step-by-step program (PLC controlled). The working principle is flocculation.
- When the system starts it firstly makes an oil release in the gravity tank of the 3SEP, then it starts to fill up the settling tank with emulsified water, the emulsion breaking chemical is added, and mixed with the emulsified water and at the same time pH-adjusted. To end the first step, the oil from last batch is discharged to the sludge tank.
- During settling time the chemicals will break the emulsion, and create 3 different layers. (settling time is adjustable)
- After the settling, the system will start to discharge. The bottom layer is discharged to the sludge tank and the treated water to the oily water separator. The top layer will remain in the tank. All are controlled by a turbidity sensor.
- The system can be operated manually.
All alarms will be shown at the LCD display.
- Capacity 6 ~32 m³/24h
- Manual- or auto- operation
- Skid mounted in two sections
- Incorporates dosage pumps, discharge pump, valves and PLC control system
- Compact design
- Easy to install
- PLC based control system
- Vibration protecting system
- Unaffected of rough sea
Download product brochure
Click on link to download
Click below to enlarge picture